Hot Stone Reflexology
Body & Sole Poole, Hot Stone Reflexology!
Hot stones can be incorporated into a reflexology treatment to further enhance the benefits of the treatment. It is estimated that one stroke of a hot stone is worth five strokes with the hand! It is also believed to yield five times deeper and five times longer lasting effects compared to a conventional Reflexology treatment.
The heat helps to relax the muscles in the feet allowing the therapist to work deeper into the reflex areas. The stones are composed of basalt, a volcanic rock, which due to its high density retains heat well. Stones are firstly used to massage the lower legs (below the knees) relieving any tension in the calf muscles and helping to enhance energy flow. Smaller stones are then used to work the reflex areas and points of the feet.
The heat from the stones quickly opens the reflex pathways bringing about a much deeper level of relaxation than Reflexology alone.
Benefits of Hot Stones Include:
- Heat penetrates to a much deeper level than finger pressure, reaching around 7cm into tissues. This brings about physiological changes as well as improving energy flow.
- Improves blood circulation & lymphatic drainage, therefore eliminating toxins.
- Boosts immunity
- Relieves tension in connective tissues
- Reduces muscular tension which will help muscles to relax and repair more efficiently.
- Deeply relaxing and soothing
- Helps bring about a balance of body and mind,
Cold Stones May Also Be Used During A Reflexology Treatment And May Help With:
- Sinus congestion
- Muscle strain
- Improving immune function
- Invigorating and refreshing