Indian Head Massage, Poole
A non-invasive massage, this treatment is performed while my client is seated. The massage lasts approx. 30 minutes and includes the head, upper back, shoulders, neck and face. This treatment works wonders in easing a variety of stress related conditions as well as muscular tension.
The treatment can be carried out where the client is fully clothed, however, a loose fitting top with no collar is preferable in order to access neck and shoulders this will also allow you to feel more comfortable and less restrictive.
A combination of movements are used to stimulate or sooth and relieve neck and scalp tension by using brisk friction movements and slower circular petrissage movements.
The aim of Indian Head Massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, neck and shoulders.
By working on specific pressure points on and around the forehead and face the treatment will enable the muscles to relax and in turn reduce eye strain and relieve blocked sinuses.
Indian Head massage is both beneficial for physical and emotional health, benefits are many and include:
- Increases blood circulation to the head, neck and shoulders allowing oxygen and nutrients to improve the condition of skin and hair growth and increasing energy levels.
- An increase in blood circulation to the brain improves concentration and reduces mental fatigue.
- By stimulating the lymphatic system we aid detoxification eliminating waste.
- Relieves muscular tension and therefore reduces tension headaches and improves posture.
- Promotes relaxation and a feeling of calmness and well being.
- Decreases irritability.
- Promotes good sleep.
Benefits to hair:
- Improved condition (either with oil or dry massage) as the massage encourages circulation to the scalp therefore the hair follicles.
- Longer, thicker fuller hair shafts. Regular scalp massage strengthens hair follicles.
- Reduce hair loss, scalp massage can slow down the ageing process reducing symptoms such as thinning and greying.
Please note that the head massage is kind to hair but not hairstyles, be prepared to have messy hair when finished so please bring along a comb or brush and hairband if needed for long hair whilst massages neck and shoulders.
You will be asked to remove necklaces, earrings and piercings from the facial area.
Oil can be used in the hair during the treatment this can be removed more effectively if you apply shampoo to dry hair and work it through before getting it wet. Oil is not essential for the Indian Head Massage and you will be asked if you would prefer no oil prior to the treatment.
Indian head massage is completely safe, and must not replace any current medical treatment. Regular head massage can give the body and mind a great feeling of wellbeing. If you have not experienced Indian Head Massage, you should experience it at least once!
You will be left feeling like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders quite literally!